Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance Online
Elevate your business knowledge and equip yourself with the quantitative, analytical, and communication abilities you need to advance your career in financial management.
Discover our accelerated MBA in Finance online at SOU
The Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance online program combines a solid business base with the financial tools to manage domestic and international assets, investments, and retirement portfolios, while enhancing your analytical and negotiation skills.
Develop a thorough understanding of today's financial realities and business concepts and prepare to move into leadership or higher-level management positions such as Investment Banking Manager, Portfolio Manager, Chief Financial Officer, or Finance Director. You can earn your MBA online in as few as 16 months while you continue working—and apply what you learn right away.
An online MBA that lets you apply what you learn immediately
Watch how an online MBA from SOU can provide the skills and confidence to communicate ideas and collaborate with the experts.
In the MBA with a Concentration in Finance online program, you will:
- understand how to effectively apply financial tools to solve finance-oriented problems in investment management, risk management, international finance, and corporate finance,
- learn how to frame business challenges, identify opportunities, and enact solutions utilizing financial tools to solve business problems, and
- utilize financial principles and techniques for business valuation, risk assessment, and managerial decision-making.
Also available online:
SOU offers our online Master of Business Administration in a variety of concentration areas. Explore all of our online MBA programs.
Learn what the SOU online MBA program can do for you
We attract students that are not necessarily working in a corporate world, but also both in government and nonprofits.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Benefit from our affordable tuition
The SOU Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance online program features the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition whether you reside in Oregon or outside the state.
Our application deadlines and class schedules
The Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance online program is convenient and accessible for working professionals. All courses are seven weeks in length, with multiple start dates each year. View the calendar to see upcoming starts and related due dates.
|Term||Start Date||App Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Class End Date||Term Length|
|Summer 1||6/13/22||5/30/22||6/1/22||6/8/22||6/17/22||7/31/22||7 weeks|
|Summer 2||8/1/22||7/18/22||7/18/22||7/27/22||8/5/22||9/18/22||7 weeks|
Qualifications for our online MBA in Finance program
The Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance online admission process is streamlined to help you get started right away. Requirements for full admission include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 2.75 GPA with three years relevant experience or 3.0 GPA
MBA with a Concentration in Finance Online Admission Requirements
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and transcripts verifying a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale are granted full admission status into the MBA with a Concentration in Finance online degree program.
- Applicants with a minimum GPA of 2.75 qualify for full admission status by verifying three or more years of relevant work experience within the application.
- Provisional admission status is available for applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 2.75 who have three years of relevant work experience. Students admitted on a provisional basis must earn a B or better in courses taken during their first term in order to continue in the program.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended.
- International student applicants interested in enrolling in the SOU online Master of Business Administration program should contact the Office of International Programs for information related to international admissions and visa restrictions. Contact the Office of International Programs by emailing [email protected].
Southern Oregon University considers you an international student if you are NOT a:
- U.S. citizen or national;
- U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
Graduate Admission Requirements for International Students:
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a recognized university in that country.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended; documents must be official and include an English translation. Applicants are required to have documents mailed to SOU in a sealed envelope from the school, which has not been opened.
- SOU will not accept scans, faxes, photocopies, or already opened documents.
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- If English is not your native language, you will need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- You do not need to submit a score if you earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. college/university or completed your education in a native English-speaking country.
If you need to submit official documents by mail, send them to:SOU Admissions Department
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
Have a question? Call us at 800-490-7974800-490-7974.
Read about our MBA in Finance online classes
In order to earn the Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance online, you must complete 13 courses (45 credit hours), covering 33 credit hours of core courses (including a capstone course) and 12 credit hours of concentration courses.
*Tuition and fees are subject to change.