Discover the SOU accelerated General MBA online
The Master of Business Administration General online program is designed to broaden your knowledge base in all the major functions and practices of a business (accounting, marketing, finance, operations management, organizational behavior, economics, and information systems) and to help hone core competencies essential for business leadership.
Critical topics such as leadership, teamwork, ethics, and effective communication are embedded in the program to further develop your ability to succeed in high-performing management roles. Plus, you can tailor this flexible online MBA to suit your goals with your choice of electives. Earn your master’s in as few as 16 months while you continue working by taking advantage of online courses that are seven weeks long with multiple start dates throughout the year.
An online MBA that prepares you for any business challenge
Discover how an MBA from SOU online gives you new perspectives that drive business growth.
In the MBA General online program, you will learn to:
- apply critical-thinking and leadership skills to solving problems and conflict resolution,
- use organizational theory and policy implementation to facilitate and manage change,
- appraise and examine financial and managerial accounting information for planning, control, and decision-making,
- develop a framework to evaluate ethical and legal issues in the conduct of business activities,
- assess the impact of decisions regarding the selection and implementation of key information systems and emerging technologies,
- evaluate opportunities and challenges in global, economic, political, social, and technological environments using qualitative and quantitative techniques, and
- analyze and evaluate strategic business issues across business disciplines and conduct research-based plans for implementing solutions.
Also available online:
SOU offers our online Master of Business Administration in a variety of concentration areas. Explore all of our online MBA programs.
Learn what the SOU online MBA program can do for you
We attract students that are not necessarily working in a corporate world, but also both in government and nonprofits.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Our budget-friendly tuition is a great value
The SOU Master of Business Administration General online program features the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition whether you reside in Oregon or outside the state.
Our application deadlines and class schedules
The Master of Business Administration General online program is convenient and accessible for working professionals. All courses are seven weeks in length, with multiple start dates each year. View the calendar to see upcoming starts and related due dates.
|Term||Start Date||App Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Class End Date||Term Length|
|Summer 1||6/13/22||5/30/22||6/1/22||6/8/22||6/17/22||7/31/22||7 weeks|
|Summer 2||8/1/22||7/18/22||7/18/22||7/27/22||8/5/22||9/18/22||7 weeks|
Qualifications for our General MBA online program
The Master of Business Administration General online admission process is streamlined to help you get started right away. Requirements for full admission include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 2.75 GPA with three years relevant experience or 3.0 GPA
MBA General Online Admission Requirements
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and transcripts verifying a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale are granted full admission status into the MBA General online degree program.
- Applicants with a minimum GPA of 2.75 qualify for full admission status by verifying three or more years of relevant work experience within the application.
- Provisional admission status is available for applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 2.75 who have three years of relevant work experience. Students admitted on a provisional basis must earn a B or better in courses taken during their first term in order to continue in the program.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended.
- International student applicants interested in enrolling in the SOU online Master of Business Administration program should contact the Office of International Programs for information related to international admissions and visa restrictions. Contact the Office of International Programs by emailing [email protected].
Southern Oregon University considers you an international student if you are NOT a:
- U.S. citizen or national;
- U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
Graduate Admission Requirements for International Students:
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a recognized university in that country.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended; documents must be official and include an English translation. Applicants are required to have documents mailed to SOU in a sealed envelope from the school, which has not been opened.
- SOU will not accept scans, faxes, photocopies, or already opened documents.
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- If English is not your native language, you will need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- You do not need to submit a score if you earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. college/university or completed your education in a native English-speaking country.
If you need to submit official documents by mail, send them to:SOU Admissions Department
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
Have a question? Call us at 800-490-7974800-490-7974.
Read about our General MBA online classes
In order to earn the Master of Business Administration General online, you must complete 13 courses (45 credit hours), covering 33 credit hours of core courses (including a capstone course) and 12 credit hours of electives.
You must take three of the following courses.
Course learning objectives:
- Describe the formation of the U.S. healthcare system
- Identify and describe major U.S. healthcare providers
- Distinguish between various types of health insurance and financing plans in the U.S.
- Identify and analyze health disparities in the U.S.
- Describe and discuss the role of the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S.
- Examine telehealth and telemedicine processes in the U.S.
- Identify and appraise different national and state level healthcare policies
*Tuition and fees are subject to change.