Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration Online
Build on your business expertise as you prepare for current and future challenges as a leader in a wide range of healthcare environments.
Get to know our MBA in Healthcare Administration online
The Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online program enhances your leadership and management skills as you learn to develop and apply a solid foundation of business concepts specific to the healthcare setting.
Our online MBA in Healthcare Administration equips you with the industry insights that are essential to advance in this growing field. Learn and apply the critical skills you need for roles such as Medical and Health Services Manager, Medical Practice Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Hospital Administrator, Risk Manager, Sales Manager/Director, and Communications Director in healthcare organizations.
The supportive and highly connected faculty at SOU shares its expertise in ways that yield real-world relevance. Learn and prepare to embrace the latest challenges in healthcare administration.
Discover the same quality MBA program, delivered online
"I was really able to fine tune my values and what my passions were and how I could apply those in my everyday life and work. The online MBA just makes sense."
In the MBA with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online program, you will:
- explore key topics in the organizational and operational systems of healthcare management,
- gain an understanding of the latest technology as it pertains to patient care and effective communication in healthcare organizations,
- engage and communicate clearly with other healthcare administrators, staff, patients, their families, and the community,
- investigate relevant healthcare topics in the United States and assess their impact on patients,
- examine the role of information systems in contemporary healthcare settings, and
- study fundamental concepts of microeconomics as a means of understanding and analyzing business problems.
Also available online:
SOU offers our online Master of Business Administration in a variety of concentration areas. Explore all of our online MBA programs.
Learn what the SOU online MBA program can do for you
We attract students that are not necessarily working in a corporate world, but also both in government and nonprofits.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Discover the value of our competitively priced tuition
The SOU Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online program features the same affordable, pay-by-the-course tuition whether you reside in Oregon or outside the state.
Our application deadlines and class schedules
The Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online program is convenient and accessible for working professionals. All courses are seven weeks in length, with multiple start dates each year. View the calendar to see upcoming starts and related due dates.
|Term||Start Date||App Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Tuition Deadline||Class End Date||Term Length|
|Summer 1||6/13/22||5/30/22||6/1/22||6/8/22||6/17/22||7/31/22||7 weeks|
|Summer 2||8/1/22||7/18/22||7/18/22||7/27/22||8/5/22||9/18/22||7 weeks|
Qualifications for our online MBA in Healthcare Administration program
The Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online admission process is streamlined to help you get started right away. Requirements for full admission include:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 2.75 GPA with three years relevant experience or 3.0 GPA
MBA with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration Online Admission Requirements
- Applicants with a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and transcripts verifying a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale are granted full admission status into the MBA with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online degree program.
- Applicants with a minimum GPA of 2.75 qualify for full admission status by verifying three or more years of relevant work experience within the application.
- Provisional admission status is available for applicants with an undergraduate GPA lower than 2.75 who have three years of relevant work experience. Students admitted on a provisional basis must earn a B or better in courses taken during their first term in order to continue in the program.
- Applicants must submit transcripts from all previous educational institutions attended.
- International student applicants interested in enrolling in the SOU online Master of Business Administration program should contact the Office of International Programs for information related to international admissions and visa restrictions. Contact the Office of International Programs by emailing [email protected].
Southern Oregon University considers you an international student if you are NOT a:
- U.S. citizen or national;
- U.S. permanent resident or other eligible noncitizen.
Graduate Admission Requirements for International Students:
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a recognized university in that country.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended; documents must be official and include an English translation. Applicants are required to have documents mailed to SOU in a sealed envelope from the school, which has not been opened.
- SOU will not accept scans, faxes, photocopies, or already opened documents.
- TOEFL or IELTS score
- If English is not your native language, you will need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- You do not need to submit a score if you earned a bachelor's or master's degree from a U.S. college/university or completed your education in a native English-speaking country.
If you need to submit official documents by mail, send them to:SOU Admissions Department
1250 Siskiyou Blvd.
Ashland, OR 97520
Have a question? Call us at 800-490-7974800-490-7974.
Get to know our 100% online MBA in Healthcare Administration
In order to earn the Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Healthcare Administration online, you must complete 13 courses (45 credit hours), covering 33 credit hours of core courses (including a capstone course) and 12 credit hours of concentration courses.
Course learning objectives:
- Describe the formation of the U.S. healthcare system
- Identify and describe major U.S. healthcare providers
- Distinguish between various types of health insurance and financing plans in the U.S.
- Identify and analyze health disparities in the U.S.
- Describe and discuss the role of the pharmaceutical industry in the U.S.
- Examine telehealth and telemedicine processes in the U.S.
- Identify and appraise different national and state level healthcare policies
*Tuition and fees are subject to change.