Dr. Peter Angstadt, Adjunct Professor
"The content area will provide the foundation for additional, lifelong learning. The class is the beginning of a great adventure."
- Ph.D. – University of Oregon, 2002
- MBA – Idaho State University, 1988
- M.Ed. – Colorado State University, 1978
- B.S. – Colorado State University, 1976
- SOREDI Business Inspiration Award, 2016
- OCCA Howard Cherry Outstanding Achievement Award, 2015
- AAWCC-RCC Excellence Award, 2014
- Outstanding Service Award, Clackamas Community College, 2001
- Key to the City, City of Pocatello, 1997
- President’s Service Award, Pocatello Chamber of Commerce, 1997
- European Community Visitors Program to Belgium, Germany, France, 1994
- Pocatello Community Service Award, 1995
- Idaho State Journal’s Peoples’ Choice Award, Best Civic Leader, 1992
- 19th Annual International Collegiate Business Policy Competition, First Place, 1983
- Currently serving on the Board of Directors for Asante, Rogue Credit Union, Four Way Foundation, and the RCC Foundation.
What do you want students to take away from your classes? What do you want them to learn?
The content area will provide the foundation for additional, lifelong learning. The class is the beginning of a great adventure.
What is the value of an MBA?
It’s a great credential signifying you have value-added abilities.
Why did you start teaching?
I enjoy helping students succeed and achieve their goals.
What advice would you give to those considering the online MBA program?
It enables you to achieve your degree if you have a varied time schedule but still allows you to experience and develop the needed skills and knowledge for success.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Astoria by Peter Stark.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students may not know.
While I served as Mayor of Pocatello, Idaho, I performed over 100 weddings.