Dr. Roni Adams, Professor
"Keep your goal in mind as you build the organizational and time management skills to make the most of your learning opportunities. Develop your capacities for persistence and resilience to achieve the outcome of your dreams!"
- PhD, Educational Psychology, Teaching and Learning – University of California at Santa Barbara, 2002
- Multiple Subjects Teaching Credential – Kindergarten-8th grade – State of California, 1990
- MS in English and Psychology – Southern Oregon University, 1984
- Standard Secondary Life Teaching Credential – California Polytechnic State University, 1970
- BS – California Polytechnic State University, 1969
- High school English teacher for 16 years and elementary classroom teacher for 16 years
- Founder of Ventura Charter School of Arts and Global Education in 2006 and Chair of Board of Directors for five years
- Instructor of teacher education at Antioch University Santa Barbara for five years
- Presenter at National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) National Conference for 10 years
- Professor of teacher education at Southern Oregon University for 13 years
- Chair of Undergraduate and Graduate Programs in School of Education for nine years
- Published articles and numerous conference presentations on holistic education, multicultural education, Native American studies; and topics of diversity, equity, and inclusion
In which online program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
ED 560: Diversity in the Workplace
What do you want students to take away from your classes?
I hope my students will learn to communicate and collaborate effectively across differences. I want them to use inclusive strategies in their work environments to engage and integrate people of different identities, backgrounds, and worldviews and to address barriers of bias, discrimination, and inequity by becoming leaders and advocates for social justice.
What is the value of a master's degree in education?
The value of a master's degree in education is your own personal growth and development, the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and expertise you gain in your area of interest, and the expansion of your professional understandings and perspectives to inform and inspire your educational interactions with others.
What advice would you give to those considering an online MSEd program?
Keep your goal in mind as you build the organizational and time management skills to make the most of your learning opportunities. Develop your capacity for persistence and resilience to achieve the outcome of your dreams!